The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Sports Car or SUV ? ? ?
In Response To: "A Tale of two Divers" ()

Wow . . . a difficult choice, but aren't they really in different categories? The Monnin is a beautiful design . . . no wasted trim or accents . . . every element supports the purpose of the watch, as a dive watch / tool. It's the perfect sports car!!

Of course, the Autavia starts as a dive watch, and then adds a chronograph, with all the "extras" required for this function -- registers / pushers / thickness for the movement / etc. So it's the sports car that is now an SUV, with room to haul the family, the gear, etc.

Impossible to say which I prefer . . . you have shown us two of the most beautiful watches ever to wear the Heuer shield . . . one in the sports car category and the other an SUV. We can celebrate that our favorite brand had the genius to make both these!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi all,
: Yesterday, I was fortunate enough to receive a G.Monnin Heuer 844,
: complete with Heuer signed bracelet with diver extension. I was
: also fortunate to acquire a Heuer Autavia Diver 100 late last
: year which I have put side by side the Monnin to provide a
: visual comparison of Heuer’s “Alpha” divers.
: I know, as Heuer collectors, we have read many things about these
: two great watches telling us about their place (and importance)
: in Heuer history. So instead of boring you with facts, I’ll
: just show you some pictures :D

: Side by Side

:
:

:
:

:
:

: A closer look at the 844 Monnin

:
:

:
:

:
:

:
:

:
:

: If you got this far in the post, thanks for
: reading!!!

: Now my question for you is….
: which do you prefer AND why?

: Best,
: Gabe

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE