The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Manual for Carrera Re-Edition

: Dave,

: I live in Scotland and in the New Year sales
: the watch was discounted from 1750 pounds to
: just over 1200 pounds - which is about 2700
: Canadian Dollars. I've got the full 2 year
: warranty from Tag as well. I've seen the
: watch second hand in England for as much as
: 1000 pounds! Must be a good buy! :)

Steve, after reading Greg's posting it seems that we all paid around the same amount. Interesting that your watch guy had any in stock since they stopped making them a few years ago. Like Greg I was debating between the black and silver face and I actually was trying to purchase a black face and had to settle for the silver. I am happy it worked out that way because the silver is a little sharper, that's not saying that I still do not want a black one some time.

: Oh...whilst I'm on - have you used Polywatch on
: your crystal? I've collected a few scratches
: already and wondering if it's O.K. to use
: the stuff.

I have never heard of the stuff, and have been very careful with my watch, touch wood I have not damaged it yet but I know that day will come. I think it is called character not damage.

: Steve

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE