The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
1964 Carrera re-edition packaging

Hi folks

I've hit a stalemate with regards to explaining why the packaging and instructions that were sent with my Heuer Carrera re-edition (model no. CS3110.BC0725) are incorrect. I have been sent the box from an F1 series watch and the instructions are for a watch with the Calibre 17 movement. When I argued my case for why they are in error, the salesperson replied:

"We do not make any claim that this watch is limited edition or reissued" and added "we still believe the correct TAG packaging was sent"

Aaargh!

I've explained at length why I would like to exchange the packaging for (at the bare minimum) a grey cylindrical zip case and standard grey box. At this stage I just don't care about getting the red "Classics" watch box with the black zip case and red stitching. I just want a case that will allow me to store the watch properly.

I also sent a link to this ebay auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31387&item=4959378614&rd=1

But the response was:

"This auction page does not display the full model number you purchased so it is difficult to use this example as proof of proper packaging. It only states "CS3110" which is missing the last 4 digits of the model number."

Does anyone have any pictures of their watch (preferebly model CS3110.BC0725 white dial) with the correct packaging?

In any case, with the help of part 5 of Chuck's article on the Carrera I will try one more time to get my message across.

If that fails, I'll be on the search for a grey cylindrical zip case. I wonder where the heck I can get one of those from?

cheers,

Greg

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE