The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Nope... (some general comments)

I didn't follow this watch, but the price doesnt surpise me the least (see my older post about the situation of the vintage Heuer market). I have seen very recently a mint Autavia cal.12 sell for more than $1,7K.

In times like these one has to make his own mind about he value of a watch, that is it's value to HIMSELF. I was always against generic price evaluations and day after day I feel more strongly about it. One should decide the price/value of a watch on his own. Thw question is "how much I'm I willing to pay for this watch?" not "how much is this watch worth?". A few good pictures, some positive feedback and a bit of shilling can drive the price to unreasonable levels. Furthermore the market in vintage watch niches (like Heuer watches) is that small, that just a few people (new collectors) with $10K disposable capital each can fluctate the prices quite heavily.

Just my opinion of course...

: ...last night it went from the $800 mark to
: $1.604,79 in about 5 minutes or so (item#
: 4959341780)...

: There was an earlier version last week with a
: similar performance
: (http://i18.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/21/b7/2f_1_b.JPG)
: - item# 4956135262

: I guess both are bit over the top, for the
: condition they were sold...opinions?

: Regds
: FM

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE