The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Champion Heuer
In Response To: Champion Heuer ()

: Hi Seaplane
: Get ready for a splash landing. Your Champion
: watch although nice, has been much discussed
: on this forum(do a search on Champion). It
: is most likely the French made version under
: the Heuer name. There are currently many
: fakes of these showing up as the dial face
: and body are available.

: As these watches are not really worth that much
: or a true Heuer collectible, IMHO, I think
: you would be best off saving your rebuild
: funds for a more worthy candidate, possibly
: selling this one to gather some cash for a
: nice Autavia or Carrera etc.
: Jim ---Thanks for the answer Jim.Yes, This is the french made Heuer. It has the V7765 manual wind movement.I know the personal history of this watch.This one is one of 2 that belong to a Co-worker of mine.We work for Champion. He has been with the company since the 1960's. These watches were given out to emplyees and clients. They also had a Camaro Tag Heuer that one of the other senior employees has. So,i am not worried about it being a fake, But I would like to know what sort of value it would have in a restored condition, and what I should offer my co-worker for it in the shape it is in. I would most likely just have the crystal put back on, a pusher on the chrono replaced, and have it cleaned and lubed. I will put a decent strap or bracelet on it, And just wear it! Thanks again for the response-Regards,

Messages In This Thread

Old Heuer Chronograph
Champion Heuer
Re: Champion Heuer
Champion Heuer, Priceless
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE