The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Excellent Work; Some Reactions / Questions

Peter:

Fantastic to see this serial number database!! It is a nice piece of work; very well presented and user friendly.

I have my own spreadsheet with approximately 900 serial numbers, with another 100 or so, ready to be added. It would be ideal for us to coordinate our work on this project.

I believe that this can be an incredibly useful resource for the community. A few questions / reactions:

• I believe that the table will only have its full value with full serial numbers. In my experience, spreadsheets and databases do not work well with the XXX characters, and I do not see any real risks or issues in publishing the full serial numbers.
  • There is also the question of what an entry in the table represents. Do we include a known fake or Franken? Do we note that a watch has been recased?
  • There are also issues of confidentiality. I have some serial numbers in my spreadsheet that have been submitted, on the condition that they be maintained as confidential.
  • It will be important for us to agree on the fields of data being presented in the database.
I am on vacation this week; it would be great to coordinate, and determine the best way to proceed. I will send you a message, when I get back home.

Also, there are several members of our community who maintain their own lists of serial numbers. It would be ideal to coordinate all this, if possible.

Thanks for this fantastic contribution!!

Best,

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi Heuer Friends

: Don't we all dream of a big database with all Heuers?

: I have made an online database that you can access here
: https://hsnd.knackhq.com/heuer-serial-number-database#home/

: It requires no password as I want it to be easy and assembly to
: everybody. But if necessary a password will be added.

: Now it mainly contains my Autavias but it has no value if you
: don’t add your watches. It would be nice with some response.
: - Will you use it?
: - Is the idea dead from the beginning?
: - What is missing?

: For now it is only for Autavia but it is not difficult to expand it
: to cover Carrera, Monaco and the rest of the Heuers from 1962
: and forward.

: It should be possible to embed in a webpage so maybe it shall end
: up as part of OTD?

: Peter. Denmark

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE