The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Some Information re these Dato 12s

:
:

:

: The Heuer Carrera 12 Dato (black dial / white
: registers) has a snap back. One of the
: rarest Heuers -- I would say that I see one
: or two per year, in this balck / white
: combination.

: The Clebar 12 Dato (black dial / white
: registers) also has a snap back, and is
: almost identical to the Heuer . . . same
: quality build and construction, same quality
: components, top to bottom.

: The white-on-white Clebar uses a unique case
: (at least I have never seen this case on any
: other watch, Heuer or non-Heuer), and is a
: screw-back. Note the big, fat lugs, that
: give this one a very strong, solid feel.

: I believe that Heuer produced all three of
: these; the Clebars may be even scarcer than
: the Heuers, but they sell for considerably
: less . . . a perfect example for the poor
: man's Heuers.

: I can't recall ever opening the cases to
: inspect the movements.

: Thanks for the kind words and for your
: messages.

: Jeff

:
: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Thanks for the info. Wow when i came back to see your post. Those are stunning an Photos!!!

The clebars movments are stamped on the chrono bridge, I do not know about the Heuers in this case as I i have not had one to own or work on. But my stuff is all locked up.
I have a nice wooden box in the living room with photos of my collection with movments shots and all my Clebars have marked movements.
I think also that Heuer did them all as I have been under the impresstion for some decades now that Zodiac chronos and Clebars where to gether and we know the Heuer and Zodiacs where linked.
Thank You
I guess I will have to sell somethig some day Because I really woould love to own a black with white dialed 3 date Heuer in that case. But I bet there a pretty penny 1 a good movment 2 a rare Heuer.

Thats the clebar Dial I told you I liked to use in my older race car because it looks so DANG good. and the wakmann with the same dial but it has the 730 movemnet. But to have it say Heuer that would be the most!
Thanks
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE