The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
What have I done !!! :)

Cheers, Jeff !

I made some research for MK2 Carrera for a longer time now, and have read the word 'Albino' only for the MK2 silver dials, so yes, 2447S - 2. Exe !

Hard to explain, but will try: the dials are silver, yes, but the silver is not as bright as the dials from the silver Exe. 1 - there is a huge different, and in some lights
the 2. Exe dials looks nearly white. Then the white Subdials match totally with the rest of the dial and all looks white ... this is the only reason i can think about
why somebody called these dials 'Albino' ! :)

In fact, these dials are white/silver and the Subdials are pure white of course, so no 'real' Albino !!

Now I think, 'Albino' is not a real good Nickname for them, i won't take it again - promised !! But hey, i don't have the Copyright !!!!!! :)

All the best to you and happy Easter!
Werner

Here it looks nearly white - but without sun, the difference between subdials and rest of the dial is pretty obviously !

photo Albino1_zpssuxpf9jq.jpg

: At least for me, "Albino" is a new nickname for these
: Carreras, and so I wonder whether someone can explain the term?

: Is the term used to describe all the Reference 2447S, Second
: Execution Carreras? Does it mean silver dial with white
: registers? Are all the second execution 2447S models this
: "Albino", or do we see some that have silver dials
: with silver recorders? Or white dials with white recorders?

: I am interested to learn more about this new nickname (and to see
: more of the watches, of course!!)

: Thanks in advance for further information!!

: Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE