The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Fernando Alonso: Why I’m Racing in the Indy 500

: Recommended reading -- Why I’m Racing in the Indy 500

: We will count on John for some better photos!!

Well Jeff, I shot and sorted qualifier photos all weekend so I didn't get to shoot cars-on-track or driver shots very much. I got done sorting and took a golf cart out to turn 3 to shoot the last round of qualifying this afternoon and got there just a lap after Alonso finished...so...no Fernando pix from this weekend. I will get some on this coming Friday and on Race day.

Fernando qualified 5th at 231.300 mph. Not bad. The interesting thing about his qualifying attempt is that he got faster than his first lap on all of his successive laps, quite unlike anybody else. It will be interesting to watch him in the race. It is possible that he could win. His Andretti team had a rookie finish first last year. I just can't imagine that he has mastered the Indy pit stops or running in traffic during race conditions well enough to be running near the top at the end of the race...but who knows. He has shown everybody here that he has the talent.

Here are the top 3 qualifiers. They all went out just after Alonso...so I got to snap a few quick shot (drivers' right coming out of turn 3).

JohnCote

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE