The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Is this acceptable behavior? [Part 1- Rindt Hands]

Is this acceptable behavior? [Part 1- Rindt Hands]

You may have seen my story here:
http://chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?page=2;md=read;id=89095

Thanks to everyone who responded privately…I want to turn this into a learning experience.

The next few posts I’m going to share details of the items I have received along with the sellers own words…I would love to hear your opinions.

First up a “new old stock” pair of “Vintage original Heuer Autavia 2446 3rd Execution hands”

here is the original listing:
http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/chronotrader/index.cgi?md=read;id=74356

This is what I received:

two questions:
1- would you consider these “new old stock”?
2- are these hands correct for a 3rd Execution “Rindt”

Regarding question number one, here is some additional info from the seller AFTER the hands were received:

“Very strange to heard this… the parts that I send it for you was mounted on� � a Autavia Rindt !!!!!!!”

“I offer only parts that I‘m sure they are mounted on a watch , Heuer used not always for 1 reference the same parts and if you search google under Heuer Autavia Rindt you will notice how many different hands are mounted for the Rindt , those parts that you bought from me was mounted on my Rindt that I serviced on tag Heuer and received the old parts .”

Hmm…so it seems these hands are not “new old stock” as advertised…but rather they were removed during a service by TAG Heuer. This brings up many questions to me…foremost why would the seller allow these hands to be replaced during service if they were original?

but the real question is why would a legitimate seller now describe these as “new old stock” and “original Heuer Autavia 2446 3rd Execution hands” based on the info he sent me after the sale?

Regarding #2- sadly I have learned the answer is no. These hands are not correct for a 3rd execution Autavia…but rather more than likely they are for a later 2446C. Here is another image. Top set aof hands are what was received from the seller. Bottom set of hands are the correct hands for a Rindt:

It is my opinion that this seller is a liar. First he has described parts as “new old stock” that are clearly not by his own admission.

Regarding these being correct for a “3rd Execution Rindt”…again, I believe the seller deliberately misrepresented these to gain additional profit.
If they were correct for his Rindt…why would he allow TAG to replace them?

So, what do you think?
Is there a place in our community for liars?

NEXT UP…Part 2
[Chrono Sweep hand for 3rd Execution Rindt]

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE