The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
FS....trust

So its pretty bad worldwide all-round well according to media and auction results.......well its not surprising....the media loves to inform us all of disaster, its a best seller ! we all know this so why?...unfortunately as soon as its gossip its talked about it can become real ? as it gets repeated and we believe the more we hear and fear it becomes fact....yes there is things to be fearful of and concerned about.....not much on instagram is there....so escape the tabloid media and enter the media thats made up of what ? perfect pictures of perfect life ? perfect watches ? its creating a bigger divide of what to believe and uncertainty to have any trust in anything....now we have one of the biggest auction houses selling something thats perfect looking in a catalogue but you have to ask to see the real thing if your a potential buyer ??? what !!! greed and gain has now become ok ? so whether its a dating site or the next Picasso the only real certainty of what you are wanting/buying/investing in is in person and via your own eyes...we are not supposed to have to ask if the pictures are real !....so help what do we do? were we not a community that wants trust ? did we not create and stand by it ? yes but now there is now talk to change opinions and trust in a bad detrimental way for fraudulent gain.....its created by lies and has now done its worse ! ......i wasn't invited to the recent vintage heuer meeting in London, although i have recently sold a watch to the Tag Heuer museum, so why is that? ok i feel upset, and of course i was probably just missed off the list or forgotten about....but it makes me start to ask why would this be ? have i not been part of the vintage heuer community for many years? have i helped the brand and research over time. ??....i start to assume i was not asked because of bad talk or some other worry that i might have a decremental effect on a person or watch or £value...TRUST..????? (this is fictitious btw).........however, it doesn't matter anymore, so no worry because no-one can trust anyone or anything !....ok ....without sounding too morbid we have a self responsibility to do our own research ....and now have to disregard all that was once deemed as trustworthy and safe. good luck out there, we're all doomed ! lol

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE