The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: In Summary -- Careless, but Not Criminal

Robert,

I agree. Whether careless or criminal, if I were a consignor to one of these auctions I would be really mad if I saw these photos.

Jeff Stein and I had a conversation about this. He requested additional photos of a few watches and received much better photos. If the auction houses had these photos to begin with why was the lead online catalog photo so bad. Jeff said that the answer from the auction house was that if someone is interested they should request additional photos and description. My answer would be that the lead catalog photo should be the great first impression...the impression which attracts the widest range and biggest number of potential interested bidders. That should be their job as a representative of the consignor of the watch.

JohnCote

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE