The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Question about Tag/Heuer 980.066L Crown

I spoke with the previous owner and he said the locking crown worked when he owned it, however he called it a screwing crown and implied it was threaded like a Rolex. I'm not sure if he was confused with the description or just didn't want to state that the crown didn't lock when he sold it.

The first time I had the watch I assumed it was a screw down crown and turned it as such to set the time and date. When I pressed the crown back there was no feeling that it was threaded and just snapped down against the case. I hope I didn't gooch it.

I decided to post some pics of the watch here if anyone else wants to comment.

I have this watch listed on my blog and a few other watch sites, but I'm not trying to make this a sales thread. I'm just hoping to gather as much info as possible because I don't want to misrepresent the watch.

heuer-diver-001a

heuer-diver-005

heuer-diver-006

heuer-diver-014

<P

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE