The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

more about prices

Hi

Check rolex and see how far overpriced their vintage are. A 6238,6239,6263 or 6265 cost near $15000 to 35000 (chuck foryour info, the chronometer version of the rolex 727 was only delivered to gold models not steel models). I know a guy who owns a red dial dayto which costs $300000 and anothe one who owns a 6062 on yellow gold value is $60000. Ditto for rail dials and double red sub/ red sea dwellers I am not even talking about comex between $5500 to +10000.
In Omegas, the Ploprof is priced between $3500-4500 if in very good condition, the seamaster 120 even with no warranty and with wrong hands (the one sold by artoftime has speedy markII exotic hands) are reaching between $3000-3750 and some other models like the seamaster 1000 are up to +$4500.
Prices are generally fixed by supply and demand and also by the rarity of the watch, but a watch with no warranty and not serviced even tough it is rare doesn't desserve a too high price especially if it has been badly restored or serviced(luminova instead of tritium dial, wrong hands and ppor precision). High prices are only justified if watches is absolutely pristine or N.I.B
just my opinion

regards

georges

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE