The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Beautiful . . . Now We All Chase the Gold ! ! !
In Response To: Goldfinger *PIC* ()

WOW -- you show us a few more photos like that, and we'll all be chasing the gold ones.

a couple of days ago, Shaun made the point that gold just doesn't seem right on a tool watch (like the Montreal). I had never thought of the whole gold problem in those terms, but it made a lot of sense to me.

so if the Camaro is a bit dressier than your average "tool watch", and they use the sleek looking Monaco-style bracelet, then it really doesn't look much like a tool watch at all . . . almost a dress watch.

so I have this vision that we all start bidding up the gold ones . . . I'll plan to swoop in and grab some of the unwanted steel ones!!

well done . . . thanks for posting and enjoy this new one.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Continuing to buck my "SS only"
: credo...

: Ref# 73345 with signed Heuer bracelet...

: I really like it :)

: Prayers go out to our friends in TX and LA...

: Cheers,
: Peter

Messages In This Thread

Goldfinger *PIC*
Beautiful . . . Now We All Chase the Gold ! ! !
awesome.....
superb
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE