The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Hello Girl!
In Response To: Hello from the girl... ()

Hello from the girl...

Hello Girl! Hmmm... We probably should be calling you Lady... Which is a little less flippant..

Posted By: patty

Date: 1/26/06 08:06 GMT

Hello Gentlemen!

Hello again! We answer to Guy's, Lad's, Gent's and folks too! We're pretty laid back 'bout the whole thing...

I'm finally back from the abyss of my recording studio (I'm working on new material for my new album I hope to release this year).

Can't wait to hear it!

Tomorrow I head for Vegas for more poker (I can't get enough)

Sounds like fun.

and some Ricky Martin shakin his "bon bon" (I can't get enough--of any bon bon shaking really).

It's probably a good thing none of us demonstrate our bon bons as that most certainly would cure you!

I'm crossing my fingers that my new toy from Mike--the Carrera makes it in time for my trip. I really want to wear it this weekend--especially at the poker tables. I even packed the right shoes to match the strap:)

I've been known to Express mail payment with a filled out Express Mail form to help speed delivery I've been in a big enough hurry for a watch.

Chuck you asked me about "why Abercrombie/Heuer etc."

Indeed I did...

Well, the truth is, as I patiently rumaged through the antigue markets etc. for over two years, I was looking mainly for a large stainless steel chronograph.

Likewise when I walked into the State Stree pawn shop... I was looking for stainless steel mechanical chronographs.

It didn't have to be a Heuer. But when I saw the Heuer I freaked out because it was exactly what I had always imagined the watch I hoped to find someday to look and feel like.

When dreams come true, even.

I had previously owned several Tag Heuers (Don't cringe you guys!)

I own more than a couple TAG-Heuer's, they are nice watches. Even though I prefer the classic's and classic Heuer.

from my highschool and college days--you know the plastic sports ones.

F1's!

I guess I've always had a thing for Heuer designs. I still have a Tag 18k plated "Sports Elegance" watch that I purchsed in 1992--when I started making money from my first year of touring--it was my first "big" purchase ( I think I paid around $1,100 though they normally ran $1,595 ish).

Ah, dealer discounts to get you out the door less some money. You have to love them!

Anyway, my pride and joy is of course my Abercrombie. I knew I had found something special. I'll attach a photo of it (if I can figure out how to do this.

Jeff posted a picture... Here it is:
I know I've already posted my sole Abercrombie, but what the heck I'll post a couple of snaps again:
I coordinated the strap on my Seafarer to the patina on the dial of my watch. It gives a very "Olde tyme Treasure mape" feel to the combination.

If you don't see it purhaps Jeff or Mike can do it for me?

Thanks Jeff!

You both have an image of my watch--Thank you!!!. By the way, thank you for your photos of you Abercrombie Seafarer and the Omega--both very nice.

I really should post something new, or at least something new to you... Hmmm...
I really have to be more attentive to the hand positioning when I take snaps in the future. I also have a Zodiac Triple-Date in my collection... Where is that photo...
Incidentally, I know where there is a clone of this Zodiac currently available for purchase if you happen to be interested. A nice black dial vintage chronograph might be a nice contrast to your white dial models. eMail me if you are interested in a link...

I should also mention that Zodiac likely had this model made for them by Heuer. I believe that Jeff owns a Heuer example of the same watch and they are nigh identical.

Ok, I've talked enough--don't want to bore you guys! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Have a lot of fun. Wish me luck at the poker tables....

One of the things you might wish to consider while you're in "sin city" is that the towns Pawn Shops might be a fertile hunting ground for vintage chronographs... Hard up broken down gamblers might plunk down their timepiece for enough money for a flight home or their next round at the tables/slots.

Just a thought! I wish you the best of fortune at both venues!

Regards,

Patty

Cheers! and we expect an after-action report on the new (to you Carrera) as well as your pawn-shop explorations!
-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Watch Article Index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE