The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
everything but my money stayed in Vegas!

Hello Fellas,

The Carrera made a fine debut in the Ceasar's poker room this weekend. Besides the watch being beautiful I choose to believe it also brought me luck as I walked away a winner over two days (making enough to buy another one!). I made sure that my shoes matched my watch and felt like a million bucks with my beautiful watch being highlighted by the colorful poker table felt. I saw some old and young guys checking it out--they knew it was something special but they didn't inquire as I'm sure they didn't want to openly admit they didn't know what the watch was--exactly. Eventually, I'll run into the one poker player who is a vintage watch person...they'll know and they'll offer to buy it off me and I'll say, "No. But thank you for appreciating a fine watch." Quick funny story. On Friday at a fine watch store in Vegas I was inquiring about a Rolex watch that I'm looking to purchase for a medical school graduation gift (it's not too original of a med grad gift I know! But this is what the graduate wants). As I spoke with the sales person who claims to have "over 35 years of watch buying and selling experience," I showed him my watch. He looked at it....studdered a bit, had a sort of perplexed look on his face like, "and......?" And then said, "Oh, this is one of those TAGS....that re-issue or something?" I responed with, "Uh,...ok, ACK! yeah sure......, only this is the original. Thank you very much for your help."

ANYWAY......

On a side note, I'm told there is some type of Paul Newman display going on at the Exotic Car Show/display at the Ceasar's forum shops. There are photos with him wearing the Carrera and a "Heuer" racing jacket. I'm going to check it out next Friday when I'm back in Vegas. (Hey guys, if I keep playing "hookie" on my real life I'm never going to get my next album finished!)

I'll send a poker/Heuer picture some time....they don't allow picture taking in the poker room but I'll try to sneak one anyway!

Well, I'm going to try and buckle down this week and write more songs.

Be well everybody!
Patty

P.S. Jeff, Thanks for posting the pic of my Abercrombie! And I love the "Patty's Patina" title. Fun!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE