The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
no scenery as nice as yours, but....
In Response To: (Slightly OT) SPRING... ()

i do have some pics of my neighborhood. of course it's not as nice or as scenic as your wonderful pics.

i live in a neighborhood that is built around 100+ acres of natural florida, and also three private springs. for those who aren't familiar with springs. they are holes in the ground where fresh water bubbles out from. typically they are in a low area, so a pool usually develops as well. think of it like a lake but with a strong current, feeding it constantly. they are all over the state. most are owned by the state and are parks open to the public. a few are privately owned. my neighborhood has two, a natural pictured above, and a sulfur spring. called that because the water has high levels of sulfur and stinks to high hell. no pictures of that one sorry. the third spring is in the neighborhood, but owned privatley by a home owner. it's the nicer of three, imho. both of those are back in the wild part, and hard to get to. so that's a pic of the main spring.

more photos from other angles.

one of the flow outs. all that water has to go somewhere and this one flows into the little wekiva river.

picture of the little wekiva. it's brown because of the leaves that fall into it, turn it tannic. safe to swim, in, but i wouldn't....alligators and snakes galore.

anyways, that's all i got. i would take some more pictures of the trails that work through the 100+ acres of florida wilderness, but it's spring now and hot, hot and the mosquitos are out in full force.

thanks for your pics and story...i really enjoyed them!

j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE