The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: One last pic for 2004...
In Response To: One last pic for 2004... *PIC* ()

: I was told these were made for the Paris to
: Dakar races in the late 70's... Can anyone
: else corroborate that? Anyways...

: A happy, healthy and prosperous 2005 to all on
: this great forum!! And a prayer for the
: disaster victims and their families...

: Peter
: PHX, AZ
-------------------------------
hello Peter and Thank you for your Kind remarks for the world and the New Year!

I hope the guys here will chime in soon, about this watch!

I have never seen these when I worked for a Heuer Dealer years ago. But about a year or 2 ago I bought 5 of these casesand 5 dials with out any name on them.
Iam almost sure that thay are not Heuer. But if it is, anybody want a NOS case and dial with out Heuer on it.

I hope I am wrong, I would love to here the History. I have a Paris to Dakar SM car and if thay used this watch I am going to make one for when I drive the SM it was raced in 1972.

It is very nice looking watch!!!!!!!

Did you find how small and compact the case is. I made one for my wife with here name on it. it is the Gray dial done just like this, but sadtosaydoes not say Heuer.
Good luck I hope the best.

Messages In This Thread

One last pic for 2004... *PIC*
How many years ago..
Re: One last pic for 2004...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE