The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Four from '04

Here are four favorites from 2004, each made special not only by the watch itself, but how I came to acquire it.

The Fun is in the Chase

This Autavia Chronomatic is extremely rare, and came to me at after I chased it for several months. I also had to chase the watch (Heuer BW) that was required in trade.

An Amazing Gift

This Cortina came to me as a gift from one of our readers. He was not wearing it, and wanted it to have a good home. What a contrast to the ones that take so much effort and money to acquire!! He wouldn't even let me cover the postage.

Still Just a "Poor Man"

I still enjoy the Poor Man's Heuers, and this Clebar is my favorite in that category. You guessed it -- from the proverbial pawn shop down the road from the military base, in the deep South.

But Wait, There's One More

How could I have a list of favorites without at least one Autavia GMT?? So here it is . . . purchased on a memorable trip to New York, in August 2004.

Here's wishing everyone a successful year of collecting in 2005!!

Jeff

Messages In This Thread

Four from '04
The Autavia is a truly great find. nt *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE