The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: I Can Recommend a Good Trading Forum ! !

:Guys.....best we don't get too deep into this one.......but i was laughing away at the "i think my wife is sleeping with one of the guys that runs it" comment.......when my wife appeared over my shoulder,let out a deep breath after reading the comments, and wondered off mumbling something about "perhaps he'd consider sleeping with me too,being as you seem to spend most of your time in front of that thing !"......so best i go to bed shortly.......but just a quick one.......Why do i own this?.......um i bought a Old Breitling Bruen Cal 12 chronomatic, made up of NOS parts by Ollech and Wajs,after they purchase alot of the brancrupt stock and designs from the 80's went Breitling went off the rails........the dial and case back are plain with no markings,O&W or Breitling,but you can definatley see the connection to Breitling.......anyway.......don't think i've worn it more than once......and yet whilst out shopping recently i saw a Breitling that took my fancy.......what was it?......a re-issue of the original !......strange how things go.......like they say,what goes around comes around.

Keep up the good work chaps.

Bryan

, Yea, I've heard of it. I think my wife is
: sleeping with one of the guys who run it
: =:^O

: But these are not the types of watches that are
: allowed on ChronoTrader. And I don't really
: want to set a precedence by breaking the
: rules of my own website. I may drop one of
: them off on eBay and see how it goes.
: Especially since I just *bought* another
: watch on eBay.

: BTW, you are partially responsible for my
: latest watch purchase. I kept looking at the
: really cool blue dial square Monaco on
: OnTheDash and got a real bug to get
: something that is 1970s funky, yet stylish
: enough to look classy when worn today. But
: when I saw what Monacos like that go for,
: that was far too deep for me at the moment.

: So I sniped a much more affordable early 1970s
: OMEGA off eBay that I hope will live up to
: my expectations and satisfy my craving.

: ---
: By the way, why hasn't anyone told me you
: weren't getting the wide display on the
: message compose and view screens here on the
: Heuer forum? Has that just happened since
: the restore after the hacker attack last
: week? I've fixed it now--sorry for missing
: that.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE