The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Previously-Authenticated Version

Jack:

it's good to see you posting here on the Forum. My apology for not yet responding to your e-mail message.

"Your" Monaco (shown on the top photo) appears to be similar to one that one of our readers sent to Switzerland, for authentication. I agree with Ralf, in terms of the estimates of value. $2,500 would seem like a reasonable price for this one. It's also a matter of personal preference: do you like the "classic" white registers on blue dial OR do you like the blue-on-blue?

Apparently, this version, with applied markers / blue registers. was made late in the life-cycle of the Monacos.

Interesting that both the samples shown here have the same spots / patina near the markers. I might have guessed that it once had applied markers, which were then removed, but I suppose not.

Thanks for the message and photo.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE