The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My Guess About Shortage of Heuers

As I have considered it further, I am guessing that Chuck Maddox may have bought all the vintage Heuers remaining in the world. We all know that Chuck never sells a watch . . . even at his own Flea Market, he just cruises the aisles looking to buy, but doesn't have a booth or table of his own . . . so if there are no vinatge Heuers being offered for sale, then I must conclude that Chuck may have bought them all.

I like the idea of the JSFHI, but I am still quite busy fine-tuning the extrapolations for the ASR (Average Survival Rate), so that we can extablish the OTDETP (OnTheDash Estimate of Total Production) . . . and did I mention that someday soon, I want to finish the Carrera Reference Table and add a Camaro Reference Table?? Still waiting for the Swiss summer interns to arrive!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Given the high number of Franken Heuers we see,
: if the creators of these were on vacation
: then there would appear to be a shortage of
: alleged Heuers. A possible new job for Jeff
: is to keep track
: of the ratio of real Heuers to Frankens and
: periodically post it. Like the DJIA we could
: call it something like the
: JSFHI (Jeff Stein Franken Heuer Index). That
: way we could be on top of the situation
: constantly.
: What say ye jeff?
: ------WebKitFormBoundaryB77wtlvaqW4r+OyW

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE