The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
eBay doesn't care

I have over the year notified eBay of false and fake Heuer and TAG Heuers that are listed to no avail. Ebay doesn't care if someone sell a fake to a bidder. The only entities that eBay pays attention to concerning fakes and copyrights violations is the watch manufacturers. This is because they have the necessary funds to bring suit agains eBay if the auction is not stopped. Ebay already has numerous problems with fraudulent individual stealing honest ebayers accounts and identity, which they have done nothing to stop. Their company PayPal is facing numerous lawsuit where they verified and confirmed payments only to reverse them weeks later stating fraudulent payment were made by the buyer. This of course is after the item has been shipped. I have in my files hundreds of such complaints that I personally gathered for a possible Class Action Lawsuit. Since then I have directed all these individual to the website www.paypalsucks.com which already has a a law firm listed that filed a Class Action Lawsuit against PayPal. So it appears that eBay and its company, PayPal really care nothing for the individual who are their bread and butter.

It is as eBay states, "Let the buyer beware". I have notified bidder that I think that a certain Heuer was a fake only to see them continue to bid. When this happens I think perhaps this is a shill bidding on the watch. I have also had bidders email me asking if I think a certain Heuer is correct or a outright fake. If I bid on a fake I would most definitely like to be warned so that I could withdraw my bid. I have never had a seller or bidder report me to eBay for warning of a fake. Most seller who are selling fakes do not want to involve eBay. And of course if eBay admonishes anyone who warns a bidder of a fake watch then eBay becomes an accessories to fraud by protecting the seller. Therefore I don't believe eBay will admonish anyone who warned of a known fake Heuer, Omega, Rolex, etc.

Of course the Forum warns anyone who will view it of any fakes Heuers that come to the attention of any of its participants. It is good to ask for advise concerning Heuer, as I do often. Charles.

:
: I know that ebay gets upset (in its own
: automated way) if you communicate with
: bidders and sellers, and the recipient of
: your communication reports you to ebay. This
: is probably some aspect of ebay's anti-spam
: or anti-intereference policy.

: I imagine there is no problem with contacting
: ebay, itself, to report fraudulent goods,
: but I don't know whether they take action or
: just let it ride (and collect commissions
: all along the way).

: Jeff

:
: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE