The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
But if you are doing searches and only searching…

nice find! i have been hunting... ...on ebay, and other places, for months now looking for any of the three joe siffert models and have found ziltch. i never even saw that auction. missed it completely.

Well, this particular Siffert came from Switzerland, and I can't remember if the auction was on eBay.de or eBay.ch ... But if you are doing searches and only searching for US or US and Canada auctions, that is probably why you missed it.

To be frank, most of the available chronographs in the US and Canada have been pretty well picked over in the past couple of years and I personally have had to go further and farther afield to find examples, this year marked my first transactions with people in Africa, Italy, Hong Kong and Taiwan, some regions that I had figured I'd probably avoid. After this year, I've done business on every continent save South America and Antarctica

btw, pics aren't bad at all. even not at your best is better than my best.

I really need to get serious about my camera and lighting set up in 2004. I know that the camera I own (still only a piddly Nikon 995 with a 3.3 mp imager) is capable of better images than I have been taking. I just need to take more time and pay better attention to the shooting conditions... So many things to do!

good find congrats and enjoy!

I hope it isn't my last. I'm still a little bummed out about not getting the Carrera 12 I had my sights on, but, I hope there will be another to try for in 2004!

j.h.

Cheers!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE