The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Fascinating Subject / 2B Explored / Service Parts? *PIC*
In Response To: Re: my auction, 100% Heuer ()

Stewart (and other writers):

This is an interesting thread, and -- when I have some time away from the Spam-fighting / server migration / software upgrade activities -- I will look forward to helping to sort through all this.

In the world of vintage watches, there are service dials and service hands (etc.) -- made for the manufacturer and installed by the manufacturer, during a factory servicing. We see loads of Rolex service dials (for example, most of the Turn-O-Graph dials from 1953 / 54 seem to have been replaced with 1960's dials, with the Tritium indication . . . they sell for far less than the originals, from the 1950's) . . . we know that Heuer also used some different service components.

Shown below is an original Carrera dial,case, bracelet, etc., with service hands and a service crown. I am thrilled to own it; some might not be so happy with the hands. We saw one sell last week that was all original . . . dark hands, with broken luminous, and a price over $5,000.

Just when we thought that we had discussed just about everything, here comes a new subject for us!!

To be continued . . .

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE