The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Are my Pasadenas real Pasadenas?

I am the lucky owner of two Pasadenas. They were both bought directly from a Swiss Heuer sales representative when he was “touring” the Scandinavian countries in June 1976.

One of the watches is unused, and the other watch “has been a friend of mine” since it was bought, meaning that it’s used, but served by a master watchmaker at a regular basis. Both of the watches are standard black, and do have all the characteristics of a real Pasadena.

My question is: On the back of both the watches they are marked with 750 501, which is standard, but they are not marked 280SL, but 280 GX. The GX mark might be 6X/BX or 8X, as I don’t have my best glasses available at the moment.

Could any of you please tell me if these letters after the numbers 280 means anything to you??? Are my watches “real” Pasadenas, or something else?

Thanks in advance!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE