The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Pasadenas -- 280SL and 280GX
In Response To: Pasadenas -- 280SL and 280GX ()

:
: I looked into this issue some months (or years) ago, and believe
: that there is no difference between the Pasadenas marked 280SL
: and those marked 280GX.

: In some instances, we see that these types of markings or codes may
: have been used by casemakers or other suppliers, but they may
: have no meaning at all for Heuer. For example, on some of these
: Series 1500 watches that I have been studying lately (as the
: watch worn by Barack Obama), the first few numbers are the
: reference number (used by Heuer) and the next few numbers have
: something to do wtih the bezel that was used . . . but the
: various watches appear to be identical, even though there may be
: differences in the last few digits of the reference numbers.

: Welcome to our Forum!!

: Jeff

: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi Jeff!

Thanks a lot to you for the additional info, much appreciated!

I am very pleasently surprised by the way you treat newcomers in this forum. I do know that certain watches have had a considerable rise in value through the years, but my father's and my intention of buying watches have never been "to be rich" by selling them off, we are simply just interested in watches and on a side-note in old racing cars as well.

This is a "bit off-topic", but I called my father today. He is 90 years old and a "bit" senile :), but still a cool man in my opinion. He was/is the real collector in our family, and he has an old list of the watches he owns. Of these watches he has only used an Eterna-Matic, a Breguet pocket watch, and a Heuer Carrera, the rest of the watches are NIB. They are not for sale though. The watches have been bought from the early 1950's to about year 2000.

- Breguet 7 wristwatches
- Breguet 4 pocketwatches
- Heuer 5 wristwatces
- Heuer stopwatch (with a Ferrari-logo on it and bought from Mario Andretti)
- Tudor 3 wristwatches
- Eterna-Matic 17 wristwatches
- Omega 2 wristwatches
- Certina 46 wristwatches, several of them are one-offs
- IWC 2 wristwatches
- Minerva 4 wristwatches
- Glashütte 6 wristwatches
- He has some watches that he could not read the name on, thick glasses you see, but I'll check with him later on what these are.

That's it I guess as the list stops on March 14 2001. He do for some reason dislike Rolex watches...

My collection is spanning from A.Lange&Söhne to Swatch..in total 74 watches. I do have 4 Heuers, as mentioned 2 Pasasdenas, 1 helmet clock signed by " abunch" of F1-drivers at Monza in 1971, and a Silverstone. None are for sale though.

Honestly I have not thought about the watches mentioned above for several years, but a friend of mine recently started as a watch-collector, so I did have to have a look into what I had as well.

Please don't think of me a as a "cocky" new member here, I have after all bought watches since the mid 1970's, and prices were not that high back then.

Best regards!

"Bogner"

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE