The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: New Arrival: Citizen Campanola, w/ Caliber A660H

:
: here it is, my first ever "serious" quartz watch . . .
: Citizen Campanola, with the Caliber A660H movement, accurate to
: within five seconds per year
, with five year battery life . . .
: perpetual calendar (through february, 28, 2100) . . . produced
: circa 2000, for Japanese market . . . a very different watch, in
: so many respects.

: congratulations to John for "putting together the
: puzzle"!!

: so what questions, comments, reactions, recommendations of
: psychologists?

: Jeff

Well...I think you have glossed over the 5 seconds/year thingy a little bit quickly. I *think* that fact makes any watch with an A660 movement the world's most accurate wristwatch. The debatable factor is an atomic sync'ed timepiece, buy then you have to get into a discussion about lcd lag on the screen. At any rate, 5 seconds/year with a 100 year perpetual calendar is simply mindblowing!!! I would be happy if every watch I owned was +/- 5 seconds a day!

Can you post a lume photo of that watch Jeff? I have seen it and other people here should see it, too. Green markers, indices and numerals + blue hand lume is REALLY nice.

What's the diameter and thickness? Is this your first Campangola? Is there a Grand Complication in your future? I follow Kurt's Campangola threads over at TZ and some of the dial finishing is the most unique I have ever seen. The use of colors and textures belies the stereotypes of Japanese watchmaking.

Post more pics!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE