The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: I Am Also Shocked . . . and Happy to be Shocked.

Hi Jeff, I too was a little shocked but not that much.
I used to have a nice Eterna-matic with the same style, called "Airforce II": retro / military style, just time and date, no chrono functions. I had to save my pocket money over several months and it became my first 'serious' watch (i.e. other than Swatch and the like and with mechanical rather than quartz movement). I was immensely proud of it and very content for quite a few years: that is, until I started craving for a Speedmaster Moonwatch. Then it was the Carrera Re-edition and then and then...you all can imagine very well.

So now anyway you have the 'good digital watch' against which you can assess precision of the mechanical newcomers, as you and Chuck recommended in Collecting 110 'How to Buy a Watch' part 2!

Cheers,

Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE