The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
No Information / Unlikely that E.R.H. is Edouard R. Heuer
In Response To: Early Autavia Dial Markings ()

I do not have any information about the meaning of these initials, but I doubt that the letters stand for "Edouard R. Heuer". Of all the Heuers that we have seen and discussed over the years, I cannot recall seeing Heuer use the "E.R.H." or "Ed. Heuer" initials on any dial. Of course, we see the "Ed. Heuer & Co." on movements and back-plates, but never with the middle initial and never on a dial.

The markings do appear to be "original" -- meaning that they appear to be period-correct and the style of the letters looks authentic.

I can make some inquiries and see whether we can learn more.

It is a nice looking sample of first execution screw-back case / second execution dial Autavia.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Can anyone provide information on the E.R.H. (Eduoard H. Heuer)
: markings on this first generation, second iteration Autavia?
: Original or not?

: Thanks for whatever information you might be able to provide.

: Jim
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE