The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Carrera Twin
In Response To: Re: Carrera Twin ()

: hello mark. can you tell me what button.on which side of the watch
: set's the mode ? Ta

Sure. It's a bit complicated, so bear with me and feel free to ask anything that's not clear!

With the watch displaying seconds and date (no dots), pressing the left-hand pusher will change the display to the stopwatch (two dots). Pressing the right-hand pusher will then start and stop the stopwatch. If the stopwatch is running, pressing the left pusher will revert to the seconds and date display but the stopwatch will still be running. Pressing left again will show the elapsed time on the stopwatch. If the stopwatch is stopped, pressing the left pusher will reset the stopwatch.

With the watch displaying seconds and date (no dots), pressing the right-hand pusher should change the display to GMT (one dot). Pressing the left-hand pusher will show the stopwatch (with controls as above), pressing the right-hand pusher will show seconds and date (no dots).

To summarise, the right-hand pusher selects between perpetual seconds with date (two dots) and GMT time (one dot). The left-hand pusher selects the stopwatch if pressed once and reverts to the previous view if pressed twice.

To adjust the seconds/date and/or GMT time, hold down both pushers and it should revert to seconds/date display with the seconds digit(s) flashing. If you want to amend the flashing digits, press the right-hand pusher (either repeatedly to advance manually or hold it down to advance one by one automatically - and slowly!). Once you're happy with the settings, press the left-hand pusher again and it will cycle to the next setting (in the order perpetual seconds : date : GMT hour : GMT minutes). If you don't want to change any of the settings, just press the left-hand pusher to advance to the next setting without changing anything.

Good luck! It's not really as complicated as I just made it look, honest - trial and error gets you most of the way, but I hope the above helps :)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE