The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Monaco Parts advice... *PIC*

Guys,

I'm looking for some advice...
Still can't trace any hands for my recently purchased Monaco with the strange dial imperfections.

I've had a few emails with ideas and followed a few leads etc but really I'm a bit out of my depth...
Do you know if the Autavia red tipped hands of the same era are the same and would fit?
If so I could change my WTB over in the sales forum.
Also someone suggested using hands from the Easy-Rider but that uses a different movement so I'm not sure - are they the same hands?

I guess the original s/s hands will be impossible to find, right?

Was also wondering about sending it back to Switzerland but just called LVMH/TAG UK and they say I need to wait 4 weeks for an estimate and then it can take 12 weeks to do any work.
We've kind of bonded now and I'm not sure I can bear to be parted from it for 4 months :-)
Maybe its worth it though?
Does anyone know if they have any hands left? LVMH/TAG UK couldn't say...
I'm also a bit worried in case they do anything to improve its ugly face!
I know with Rolex sometimes they replace dials with later ones and you don't always get the original back.

Any help advice appreciated,
AndyO...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE