The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: A question for Mark
In Response To: A question for Mark ()

: Would you have bothered to take the time to research and compose
: your very helpful reply if you had known that the person who had
: "recently bought the watch" was a power seller who was
: going to list it straight away on Ebay? Feels like your efforts
: were just to help someone create an ad.

Hmmm. An awkward question.

But actually, I was intrigued enough by the watch to do the research, then enjoyed doing the research and the subsequent write-up (and have some time on my hands at the moment). And, as Jeff pointed out earlier, we now have that sitting on the forum and searchable/pointable to by/for the next person to come along with a question on these watches.

And, looking at this from the other side, we had a dealer concerned enough about originality to come and check it out here first. I find that preferable to those who don't and definitely those who don't because they already know what they have isn't right.

Yes, it would have been fulfilling to help out someone who was going to cherish the watch and pass it on to future generations - and maybe Mac can help with that by pointing the buyer in our direction. Or maybe give me a 1% per word discount, I'm sure I wrote enough to get it for free :) !!!

In conclusion, still a worthwhile exercise for me.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE