The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Alex, Please Tell Us More . . . You Are "The Man"

OK, Alex . . . I will write in "plain English" and be very direct about this. You were absolutely correct about the meltdown / crisis / chaos / depression (?) in the world's markets, at a time when I was much more optimistic (or ignorant of economic events, forces, etc.) [I have never taken an economics course, and do not really study economic issues in detail. I was very nervous about the Dow at 13,000, but would have never believed that 6,500 would come so quickly.] I believe that, some months ago, you also sold off some of your "doubles" or less important watches.

Now, I am hearing a lot of smart people suggesting that the crisis in the world economy will get worse . . . even much worse. I have not heard anyone say that we have found the bottom of this recession.

But you are "The Man", in terms of predicting these things . . . so can you tell us what leads you to recommend buying watches at this time. I ask with all respect, sincerity and admiration, of someone who seems very smart on these issues. When will the world economy improve? What leads you to suggest that now is the time to buy watches (presumably on the theory that prices for our beloved vintage Heuers will move up)?

Please share more of your thoughts!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: yes my notes are confirmed and in other words also: NOW its the
: time to BUY !

: greetings from mex

: ape

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE