The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
The "Viceroy line"

First Jeff I also never studied econmy: I am a scientist from origin.

as outlined a lot I deal with chemicals, base cahemicals andthey much show very quick their nasty facewhen eco is down.

I have no idea when this thing stops but belive its the beginning of a domino effect. the next stone is people will buy less and the next is a increased un-emplyment.

I also am the opionion that we will see a huge inflation soon, UK is already printing new money, all countriesare pumping mney into the system it will come.

and not from this financial system, it will comea as every body is currently focussing on the finacial system and nobody is spending investemnts in new oil digging, sources ect. So suppose the economy gets pace we will lack oil a lot and than I see an oil price of 200+usd and than an inflation of 10%+.

So watches I believe will drop further: about 30% from what they stand now. The pries now are very close to a line which I call: "Viceroy line": when this watch is at 850-1000 usd, its very interesting to buy as than it is (again) more efficient to buy a watch and strip it into parts abd sell it in pieces: what I did already now the first time (again). So stripping infavour of selling in one piece: or buying and re-sell in pieces.

So my watch price limit is the "Viceriy line" at 850- 1000 usd excluding bracelet.

Of course I hope now everybody understands why I shuffeled the rest of my cheaper autavia models tothe siffert: as seen on the antiquorium analysis :: only the top of the line will durvive now.

Alex

:
: OK, Alex . . . I will write in "plain English" and be
: very direct about this. You were absolutely correct about the
: meltdown / crisis / chaos / depression (?) in the world's
: markets, at a time when I was much more optimistic (or ignorant
: of economic events, forces, etc.) [I have never taken an
: economics course, and do not really study economic issues in
: detail. I was very nervous about the Dow at 13,000, but would
: have never believed that 6,500 would come so quickly.] I believe
: that, some months ago, you also sold off some of your
: "doubles" or less important watches.

: Now, I am hearing a lot of smart people suggesting that the crisis
: in the world economy will get worse . . . even much worse. I
: have not heard anyone say that we have found the bottom of this
: recession.

: But you are "The Man", in terms of predicting these
: things . . . so can you tell us what leads you to recommend
: buying watches at this time. I ask with all respect, sincerity
: and admiration, of someone who seems very smart on these issues.
: When will the world economy improve? What leads you to suggest
: that now is the time to buy watches (presumably on the theory
: that prices for our beloved vintage Heuers will move up)?

: Please share more of your thoughts!!

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE