The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Very Simple -- $3,200 (Junk); $4,500 (Nice); $5,300 (Best)
In Response To: excuse me ()

It's really very simple: we see the poor quality Siffert (poor dial mismatched with movement) sell at $3,200 on ebay; we see the very nice ones (near mint) sell in the $4,500 range; and we see the very best ones (true mint or NOS) sell for $5,300. I believe that the ebay sale, of this poor sample at $3,200, actually supports the valuation of the best ones at $5,300.

A key point here is that people who have the best ones, and may have sold a couple of them in the current timeframe, have a much better sense of the upper end of the market than people who watch the junk move on ebay. In this instance, I trust in the accuracy of Alex's estimate of the upper end of the market. This is a separate market from the low end samples that we so often see on ebay.

What are others seeing?

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Excuse me Jeff, but what has your answer to do with my comment on
: Alex' view that Shifferts are in the 4000euro = 5,291.21 USD
: price range?

: Feel free to move the price guide any way you like - it's ok with
: me.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE