The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
If I Own Them, Then I Wear Them
In Response To: Wear them with pride ()

We all have our own styles, in terms of collecting / investing / storing / wearing, and different things that make us happy. Some folks may be happiest having their precious watches locked away in the vault, with the reminder being a list of the watches, their characteristics and their values, etc.

Personally, I will not own a watch that I am unwilling to wear, so no matter how delicate or precious, if I own it, then I will wear it. [For example, see the three below.] I should add that five days per week, I am in wearing a suit (or business casual) with a long sleeve shirt (that covers the watch), and am in a climate-controlled, quiet office environment. It might be different if I were working on an offshore oil platform or on a construction site.

Congratulations on these acquisitions . . . amazing to see these three Monacos, with different colours, movements, etc. So enjoy them every day!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: 3 rare Monaco's in one swoop - WOW !!!
: Wear them and appreciate them John.
: The only advice on the PVD'd baby would be something i saw David
: post here some time ago. Get a spare 73633 case and have it
: PVD'd yourself - then you can use the watch but not worry about
: the all too precious finish on that exotic case.
: Personally i like your new 1533 Silver dial. Cal 15 movement with
: there constant seconds hand brings a form of animation to the
: large square Monaco face.
: Very envious but happy for you - Darren

: -

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE