The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: replacement aftermarket Bezel inserts vs. David's info
In Response To: Bezel inserts ()

: Congratulations on the beauty, and a rare one indeed..
: Your bezel issue lies in the insert..bezels themselves are the same
: diameter/circumference, while the inserts are different..the
: 1163/1563 as it has an acrylic domed crystal has an insert which
: is angled up from the outside, the insert on a 11630/15630 is
: flat to meet the flat crystal..my guess is you have a flat
: insert rubbing up against the dome crystal..not a bad combo, but
: better than the opposite which leaves an unsightly gap..
: Hope this helps,
: Cheers,
: David

David poses a fact I never realized which would indicate that the aftermarket 11630MH/11063MH bezel inserts offered on e-bay are constructed incorrectly. The spare insert I bought from them for my 11630MH (not planned for install until the original insert wears significantly) angles upward at the inner circumference. David points out that the insert should be flat for the 11630/11063 mineral crystal. Gosh, I wish I had noticed that myself before making the purchase for this otherwise nice looking replacement! Looks like the aftermarket insert I bought would leave a gap around the mineral crystal. Correct? Be warned!
Steve

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE