The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: replacement aftermarket Bezel inserts vs. David's info

i believe dan has a 1563 case and a plastic crystal.hard to see from the picture. therefore the bezel (needs to be flat not domes) does not fit and the seller has put material from the bezel away to make it fir the plexi crystal#. you see it : the inside edge towards the centre of the triangle at the 12 position is missing the edge. so the seller made the bezel fit to the plexi:

again I think its plastic from the refelction and not a glass. this confirms that the case is a 1563 as here the glas crystsl does not fit at all.

also the lugs of the puschers indicate that the cas it a 1563. as dan has not seen a model number. it smost likely a 1163 or 1163 v case, wheree the model number has been polished away.

there are also slightly domeed bezels for the 11630 and 15630 series: howeveer i believ the real ones need to be flat !
rgds
alex

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE