The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuers at Highbury *PIC*
In Response To: Bring it back into production! ()

I don't have any footballer connections, but what about the crowd? Here is a photo of me and my brother at the last ever game at Highbury stadium, the famous old ground of Arsenal.

I posted this a few years ago and said at the time....

...." this in an OtD inspired photo, at the last game ever at the old Arsenal Highbury stadium. The stadium is beautiful old relic which still retains it's art deco core from the 1930s construction. Next year we move to a new purpose designed state of the art modern stadium. Yeah, the new stadium will be better built, more functional with more facilites, but some of the magic will be gone. Bit like an old 1133 Monaco compared to the Monaco Sixty Nine concept watch.

For our American readers, I think Highbury was similar in feel to Wrigley Field, except actually Arsenal have won some championships recently. Probably because there is no goat curse, though supposedly a horse is buried under one of the stands."....

It was certainly bad luck for me to mention goats, or maybe it is the death of the old magic, but since we moved to the new stadium we have won nothing. So maybe there is more to those old relics than we think....

Anyway, a very small brownie point for identifying my watch (pretty easy). I'd be more impressed if you can guess my brother's.

Shaun

ps: I have to say well done to barca, I think they deserved to win. Nice that a team won trying to play (so did Man U, unlike chelsea).

pps: Arsenal's "watch" sponsor is Ebel...not that great really. Man Utd have a very big sponsorship from Hublot and you could see Alex Ferguson was wearing one.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE