The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Fever Pitch
In Response To: Fever Pitch ()

Pushers are on the same side as the crown so not an automatic Carrera, but the lugs nearest the camera do look like an early manual Carrera - the one further away catching the sun does look like an 1153 lug, but I'd settle on a 60s Carrera.

It's always a bit of a wrench when a club moves away from a long-established ground, and the results can go the wrong way, but it's fairly clear Highbury had become too small in these modern, all-seated days. And while such a small pitch might have suited George Graham grinding out a 1-0, it probably didn't let a Wenger team express itself to its full potential.

I remember sitting in freezing fog watching a drab 0-0 against Schalke at the Olympiastadion, so I wasn't too sad when Bayern left such an iconic building for the Allianz Arena. Though obviously a building built for the 72 Olympics doesn't have the heritage of Highbury, but the Arena is quite iconic in its own right:

It's definitely impressive as you approach to see it all lit up in your team's colours. And no running track means you're closer to the action, but steep seating feels like you might also fall into the action!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE