The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Mid-Summer Scan Weekend:Late entry.

Hi guys (& gals?),hope you`re all enjoying your summer and having a great time with your loved ones.
I would also like to thank all of you for your continous effort to make this an interesting,educational and friendly place to spend our online hours.I feel a great sense of community here,and not a day goes by without me learning something new and interesting.

First thing I would like to share with you is a piece of personal history.
This picture was taken yesterday about 4-5 clicks from where I grew up,as did my dad and his dad before him.

My grandfather used to take me out here to make a fire and burn some hotdogs when I was little,and it`s always been a favourite place to stop on our family excursions in the norwegian woods.(pun def.intented..)

When I was about 6-7 yrs old,me and my grandfather was out here a summer day,after a serious rainshower.We made a fire against this rock,as usual,but after getting a good fire going and eating our dogs,the rock split into two pieces.Due to the whole cold/warm thing probably.

This is one of my best memories ,and one of my favourite places to be in the whole wide world.I still take my kids up here every now and then to serve up some seriously burn-damaged hotdogs.

One split rock.

The other piece that just made the mid-summer scan is this TAG,that I also got yesterday.
It was sort of a shaky deal that eventually came through just when I had given up on it.
As some of you probably know I`m a bit of a deskdiver,so finally getting this really made my day.

TAG Heuer "spirotechnique" professional (180.023)

It`s not a particularly rare piece from what I can gather,but I really like the big bezel and the spiro markings on the dial.Making it stand out from the standard Divers.
It`s in excellent condition and still has the original jubilee bracelet with the wet-suit extension.Love it!

Cheers!
Marius

: As we approach the transition from July to August, let's get out
: the cameras (and the watches) and have a scan theme for the
: weekend of July 31st, focusing on "Summer of 2009".

: Some ideas might include: best watch acquisition of the summer . .
: . grail or bargain, old or new, Heuer, Omega or otherwise best
: photo that you have taken . . . watch, vacation, family, sports
: event, etc. best photo that you have seen . . . on a forum, in a
: magazine, etc. a book you read or a movie that you enjoyed . . .
: or an interesting article about watches a scan of a favorite
: watch catalog or advertisement even the funniest fake you have
: seen listed on ebay

: you get the idea: Heuer or non-Heuer, new or old, watch-related or
: personal . . . just about anything goes!!

: Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE