The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Welcome Aboard ! ! !
In Response To: Welcome Aboard ! ! ! ()

Hi Jeff (same last name, btw) -

Thanks for the welcome!

Well, I must admit I recall reading an article about the McQueen re-issue in (I think) Esquire a long time ago and that first caught my interest. I used to tell Wifey that a Monaco would be a perfect birthday gift for me, but she wasn't so inclined. i never even considered an original, as my budget simply doesn't include such luxuries.

But somewhere along the way I began to dislike TAG and become obsessed with Heuer, and thought the quickest way to one would be an Autavia. I still was focused on contrasting subdials and orange indicators, as I wear a Gulf racing jacket a lot and love the colors. When this one popped up on eBay, I gave up on finding an "Orange Boy" I could afford and actually am much happier now with this.

Thanks also to Amer for the band suggestions. I'm getting closer to deciding...

- Alex

: Welcome aboard!!

: This one is a beauty . . . looks like a really nice sample, in
: amazing condition.

: I have been tempted to (A) try another Cal 11 / 12 / 15 Carrera,
: after a few years without one, and (B) try a Heuer Cal 15, for
: the very first time. Your Carrera hits both these requirements,
: with great color and condition.

: Enjoy this one and we hope that you will be active in our
: community.

: So which Monaco got you started with the Heuers?

: Jeff

: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE