The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
rephrased....

I will re-phrase. I have only known of four, perhaps there are many more in other people's collections...there are three in Arno's collection (one of which is a black dial NOS). There is also one outside of Arno's collection. I havent come across any information regarding parts-bin jobs, that would be interesting. I am following Carrera variants all closely of course including the Arcola, MG, Volvo, DX Sunray, as well as Nic's Autoweek version due to me owning the Shelby. I guess the outcome (sales/auctions/further info) of each variant in the future will affect the providence of the rest, when speaking of special logo dials of course...

actually just writing this part answered one of the points you raised....DX Sunray, that is one version of the Carrera that is directly linked the the GT Class at Sebring 1967, with 12 produced for the drivers. So we know there is precedent for such dial variants linked to racing events/circuits making me more comfortable with the notion that it isnt a fictional providence. Chasing the history of the above mentioned watches however is infuriating....i know nothing of my Shelby, i tried chasing down some info on Nic's Autoweek version from Autoweek themselves without much luck, and all the rest of my info coming from chinese whispers, and some blogs on sites such as Hodinkee. I know one Indy version was owned by Nic, however i dont know if this one ended up with Arno or with someone else, and i remember a white dial indy selling for 3,000 pounds in 2006 from another watch listing website...

I also believe there were also 15 watches produced for the Volvo version so we start seeing a trend of smaller production figures for such dial executions, which makes finding info very very hard. A fascinating topic this is for me however....

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE