The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
41% is Stunning / Calling Charles Tearle . . .
In Response To: Concerned about possible fees ()

Wow . . . 25% from buyer and 16% from seller is shocking. Can there be any other market with this cost of intermediation? I suppose that producing these live auctions can be expensive.

I am confident that the DirectBid fees will be some fraction of this amount. I will not hazard a guess; perhaps we can invite Mr. Tearle for a return appearance, to address some questions.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: My concern is the fee structure that me be imposed by Antiquorum.
: Today, 25% buyers premium on their auctions, and I think that is a
: recent 5% increase.
: To sell, 16% plus photo fees.

: If they keep these, I will certainly be reluctant.
: Also, 45 days to get paid seems fairly long.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE