The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Real Autavia?
In Response To: Real Autavia? ()

Not an Autavia tachy, and Heuer never marked the "main series" watches with the number of jewels or the shock protection method.

It is indeed true that Heuer did change dial suppliers and you can sometimes see this in changes in paint finish etc. What is equally important to note, though, is that whoever the dial supplier was (I always remember Singer and forget the rest, I have some notes with others somewhere), they were making dials to a specification supplied by Heuer. There was no discretion on the part of the dial manufacturer to decide what logotype to use, let alone what words would appear on the dial - you can hardly imagine such unprofessional behaviour resulting in being given the contract in the first place.

The wording on that caseback is very low too and I wonder why the rest of the caseback photo isn't shown. Smooth pushers on a 7733-powered Autavia isn't right either.

Draw your own conclusions.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE