The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Remember the 'rarest of the rare 740303G on Ebay?

A little story for you all, bear with me!

Remember the 'rarest of the rare 740303G on Ebay?

Well..........

I recently sold my 73633G and soon realised how much I missed it. I love the manual Monacos an the 'greys' especially as I find nothing better pairs as well with anice grey business suit.

So I discussed the 740303G that has been the subject of much discussion on here with the owner and did a deal that I was comfortable with and felt was fari given the condition of the watch.

Not the easiest negotiation I grant you but after a rocky start the seller was very helpful and arrange shipping in accordance with my instructions to allow me to insure the delivery etc.

An so that brings us round to this morning and the FedEx van pulling up outside my office.

I know there had been discussion regarding the consition etc. and of course it's not NOS (and to give the seller credit was never really described as such) as it has been worn a few times and shows minute signs of this.

However, I would be as bold to suggest it is mint. Everything feels very tight and it has a feel to it like no other manual Monaco I've had my hands on.

So to cut a long story short I'm very pleased with it and its' currently on my wrist!

A few quick snaps in my office.

Regards

Thomas

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE