The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Sometimes its taking the risk that pays off

He was awkward i agree, but probably he had alot of people who he failed to deal with, so their were frustrations from his side. He demanded bank wire which is always a risk and put me off immediately (sometimes it doesn't work out and i remember how that feels!) and i guess when you make the effort and take that risk we should get some rewards. I think the price he was after (in the end) was more than fair for a very nice piece.

Me...i will stay away from bank wires unless i have some history or plenty of references i can cross check!

Cheers T and again weel done, hope to see this one someday!

Rich

: Jeff, I know exactly what you mean regarding the seller. It was
: heated at the start to the point that I just about gave up and
: walked away.

: However, following a frosty start we did establish an understanding
: and were able to deal. In fact following the deal being agreed
: he couldn't have been more helpful

: Thomas

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE