The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
"Pure Camp" retort

First and foremost, Jeff, congrats, this is a fantastic piece, i was watching very closely on eBay!

In regards to whether additional logos and wording spoil the "balance or symmetry of these Carrera's is a valid point. However, I would like to counteract this with the fact that such additions create a greater sense of history of association for each of these pieces, and whilst some may think the aesthetics suffer, I say the knowledge that there was such an association with these watches adds to the character and overall story of the times that these watches were used and worn, from the executive boardrooms of automotive giants, drag racing events (Arcola) or exclusive watch boutique stores, and scientific labs. We can then directly link to where these watches came from, and what kind of people wore them.

My personal opinion is that the only word that detracts from these watches for me is....TAG *runs for cover*

Eyal

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE